Are you planning a holiday in Peru? Are you interested in including a Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu or the Inca trail? If yes, then prepare beforehand. Any trekking activity is a daunting task. You have to consider aspects such as altitude, physical fitness before you embark on your journey.
1. The Inca trail, Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu or any other trek takes to a high altitude. If you are not accustomed to high altitudes, this can be physically challenging for you. Prepare your body by spending at least 3 days at a place of similar altitude. In this way you won’t suffer from altitude sickness.
2. Drink plenty of water and get moderate exercise. This will help you to prepare for the trek. If you have any specific health issue,then you have to reconsider the idea of trekking in Peru.
3. Gather some knowledge about the area. This will enhance the richness of your experience. Peru is rich in traditional and cultural history. Having a background knowledge will expand your understanding of the culture.
4. Book a tour with a good and professional travel agency (like us). You cannot take the trail without a guide. Also, you’ll be needing permits before you go on the trek. Book in advance to make sure that you have your permits on time. You can check our Salkantay trek prices.
5. Since Peru is close to the equator, the sun rays are extremely harsh here. Make sure you have enough sun protection. You can wear light clothing that covers your arms and legs.
6. Depending on the length of the trail, there might be situations where you’ve to go without a shower for days. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter dust and mud. Make sure you keep wet wipes and hand sanitizer with you.
7. Talk with your guide. Let them know whether you have any medical issues or not. Talk about the departure, route, pace of walking or any other questions of your concern. This will help them to ensure you enjoy your trek.
Keep your mind and eyes open and enjoy the beauty of the place. We hope these tips will help you to get an enriching experience. If you are interested in Salkantay trek Peru, then take a look at our Salkantay trek prices. We make every effort to make your trip a memorable one. Get in touch with us at https://www.apuandinotravelperu.com/contact-us/
Interested in Luxury Tours? But worried about Budget? Enquire with us, we’ll Help you!