Peru is one of the most interesting and intriguing places on Earth. Stunning views, enigmatic landscapes and a rich cultural heritage of this place lure thousands of travelers from across the globe. You can take a trail to explore the fascinating heritage of Peru. If you want to explore the rich heritage of the Incas, you can take the lares trek to Machu Pichu. This trek is not physically daunting and can be an enriching experience.
1. The Lares trek commences from the town of Lares. This place is located 40 miles North to Cusco and 35 miles South-East to Machu Picchu.
2. The Lares Valley is one of the most beautiful valleys in South Cusco. It is famous for bright handwoven hats. Most of these hats are supplied to the local tourist markets.
3. This Lares trek is of 33 kilometers and is longer compared to the Inca trail.
4. You do not need a permit for taking this trail. This mean, you can directly come to Cusco and book for the trail 2 to 3 days in advance.
5. A trek through this area will lead you to the quiet and remotely located Lares valley. With the spectacular Urubamba mountains in its backdrop, the Lares valley offers a spectacular landscape. You can easily access this valley from Cusco.
6. This trek is a comparatively less strenuous. You will cross numerous small mountain villages and passes of around 4,000 meters. You can see the Pitusiray,Chicon, and Swairay peaks. You’ll also come across the Quechua-speaking natives on your way.
7. The Lares Valley has a rich flora and fauna. Most of these flora can be utilized commercially. The chachacomo trees are widely used in the coal industry while the Alder hardwood trees have utility in the cottage industry. The fauna of this region includes Fox, Puma, Capiso, Achuccalla, Atoe, Taruca, and lot more
8. This trek can be completed in 3 to 4 days including a visit to the Machu Picchu.
9. Compared to the Inca trail, the Lares trek is easy.
10. You can try your hand at weaving at the weaving village of Huacahuasi.
These tips will help you to gather some idea about the Lares trail. Planning for hiking Machu Picchu? If yes, then check our packages for Machu Picchu trekking and hike tour. We offer Machu Picchu luxury hiking tours to ensure a wonderful experience.
Interested in Luxury Tours? But worried about Budget? Enquire with us, we’ll Help you!